Sunday, January 8, 2012

Peonies, wishing for spring and damask

 I am thinking of spring....inspired by Inspiration Ave challenge damask, just too slow getting it in.... but thought I would post to a few other spots. Paint Party Friday, Artists in Blogland, Diana Evans, and will add to Creative Everyday as well.
I should have planted more peonies in the fall but with all the daffodils and tulips I was planted out. Want to try to do a flower painting a week plus a children's illustration. For this weeks children's illo check here.

11 comments:

Michellem said...

WOW!! Your flowers are so gorgeous and striking - Great work!!

Unknown said...

They are amazing!

Daniele Valois said...

beautiful. Love the black background. great contrast!

Geri said...

Gorgeous and I also love the contrast with the background! Happy PPF!

EVA said...

You can plant peonies in the Spring! Lots of variety at garden stores then.

Yours are stunning!

pauline said...

such a lovely style...
happy CED
xoxo

SHERI COOK said...

BEAUTIFUL work!
Wishing you a creative 2012!
Happy PPF!
Sheri Cook
HappyHorseStudio

Anonymous said...

The painting is absolutely beautiful!

DVArtist said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning. Fantastic art.
Nicole/Beadwright

Ayala Art said...

So beautiful! They look so fresh and radiant

Lilac & Lavender said...

I always look forward to seeing my peonies bloom :) Your watercolor version has me wishing for Spring as well!